Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Booksale Finds

Some of my favorite events to attend are library book sales. I can find the best books there, because libraries can be like museums. Books hide on the shelves for years and years, unchecked-out and unseen until some librarian goes through the catalogue and discovers that such-and-such a tome has gone unread for a generation.
My latest find is one of those, I'm sure. Eileen Ford's Book of Model Beauty was published in 1968, and tells any girl that she, too, can be a model. It has chapter upon chapter of diet plans, exercises, skin care, and much, much more. Some of the information is dated, of course, but it's such a fun book that I can't help but take up a few of the challenges!
I have no interest in being a model, of course, but it's fun to think that if I but followed Mrs. Ford's instructions to the letter, I would be as beautiful, slim, and poised as any one of the models profiled in the back of the book.  As she says, "A woman who looks her best has the confidence to do good work. If she works toward improving herself personally, she is more likely to work well at her job. And she inspires confidence in the people with whom she deals."

No comments:

Post a Comment